Welcome to the part 2 of the survival kit!
As for the previous guide, you will be able to find many useful tools which will accompany you in the creation of your web projects.
This time, we will focus on hosting, SEO, control tools and the file transfer part, and so on.
Always in partnership with Alternative RVB, we have decided to bring you a brand new two-part list for 2022, with some additions to best prepare you for the coming year.(see part 1).
Free hosting services
Warning free hosting is not always the best solution.
These are generally back-up accommodation, to allow you to host small websites, apps or to do some tests..
- netlify.com: Allows you to host your websites from GitHub for free.
- github page: Allows you to host your websites from GitHub for free.
- heroku.com: Allows you to host your websites / app for free.
- vercel.com: A particularly powerful host allowing you to host for free from git projects related to more specific languages and generally less compatible with the usual hosts, such as Hugo, NuxtJS, Ember, Svelte, Gatsby and so on.
- 000webhost.com: A Host with a free plan.
- planethoster.com: a Host with a free plan.
Local hosting of a website
- laragon: The best tool to host a website locally today. Easy and simple.
- Check / verify your code
- validator.w3.org: Allows you to validate your website.#RespectTheOrder.
- caniuse.com: Allows you to know the compatibility of the latest web technologies for browsers.
- caniemail.com: Provides information on the compatibility of the latest web technologies for mail clients.